A 21 year old guy had worn a pair of contact lenses during a barbecue party.(An event or meal at which food is cooked outdoors over an open grill or fire)
While barbecuing he stared at the fire charcoals continuously for 2-3 minutes.
After a few minutes, he started to scream for help and moved rapidly, jumping up and down.
No one in the party knew why he was doing this?
Then he admitted into the Hospital, the doctor said he’ll be blind permanently because of the contact lenses that he had worn.
Contact lenses are made by plastics, and the heat from the charcoal melted his contact lenses.
DO NOT WEAR CONTACT LENSES WHERE OVERHEATING AND FLAMES ARE CONCERNED…. OR WHILE COOKING…!
Spread this around because this sounds terrible as fuck!
This is NOT TRUE, I seriously can’t believe that over 100,000 of you didn’t bother to look this up.
- Contact lenses are sterilized by autoclaving up to 121 degrees C.
- In most clinics, a dirty contact lens is cleaned and re-sterilized by placing in boiling water.
- A layer of tear fluid covers the contact lens when worn on our eyes.
- If BBQ heat can melt contact lens, shouldn’t our tears boil first, as the boiling point of water is 100 degree C?
- At heat levels that can melt contact lenses, the eye will be cooked and our skin will be cooked much before.
- Welders use contact lenses. BBQ heat or any kitchen heat is not greater than during welding.
And perhaps just… don’t stare at an extreme heat source for that long??? Who gives a shit if you’re wearing contact lenses or not? You’re damaging your eyes either way.
im waiting for my dad to pick me up from work
i love hearing the screams of people as they realize that going on a roller-coaster was the worst decision they made
- Unknown (via jotaroswife)
if i follow you i want to rp with you
i’m just too scared to make the first move.
Even if I don’t follow you, I still want to RP with you. Just to scared to make the first move.
If you make the first step, ter’s a 200% chance I’ll follow you
Eren looking directly into the camera and realizing Mikasa’s over three times stronger than him is my new favorite thing